Cloud Insights is an application that allows you to manage your teams and devices through the cloud. It is one of the most popular apps in this sense, because it allows you to do it locally and remotely just by having an internet connection.
The different functions of this application are so intuitive and efficient that business owners and small businesses manage their networks on all their local computers without problems. In addition, they can create VPN networks, monitor the graphical interface of the users and the best thing is that it includes a mobile version to manage everything from the comfort of your hand.
This service has many beneficial features for small and medium businesses. Here are some of its main elements:
- Network scan to search for devices.
- Device discovery via QR code.
- Single user Single Sign-ON (SSO), to remotely access and manage all computers without using other credentials.
- Notifications about events on the network.
- Alerts by email of the different events in the network.
- Update remotely.
- Firmware update schedule.
- Support for different locations from the control panel.
- Support for different types of equipment such as routers, switches, APs and servers. The various configuration options vary from computer to computer.
- Advanced PoE settings for compatible switch devices.
- Two-factor authentication.
- Historical data from 24 hours or 7 days, this will change depending on the subscription that is purchased.
Among other things, when you buy the Premium subscription, not only can you manage the network and the configured devices through the mobile app and the web, but you can also customize the main menu to have a faster, more comfortable and intuitive access to all functions and connected equipment.
You already know the application, now we see how to create a VPN network and why it is necessary to keep all your equipment working through this type of network.
How do I create a VPN group using the Cloud Insights Portal?
Before you can configure a VPN group or network in Cloud Insights, you must first obtain a VPN license. You can buy or download these for free from the internet.
Keep in mind that the paid ones have more advanced configurations that allow a much more secure and private connection. However, free VPNs work well for your network despite being more limited.
With that said, let’s go over what a VPN is and what it works for. The first thing you should know about a VPN or virtual private network are programs designed to improve private browsing. They use encryption technology to protect the data that is shared between the internet and a device, in this way this data cannot be tracked, copied or stolen.
In turn, the VPN gives us the ability to hide our IP address to avoid third-party monitoring while we browse. Another of its advantages, at least most, is that it does not allow our browsing history to be saved.
As you can see, VPNs are ideal if what you are looking for is privacy and security. Creating a VPN network in Cloud Insights allows all the devices that connect to it to enjoy these security and privacy benefits. To achieve this you must follow these steps:
- Get a VPN license.
- Go to Cloud Insights.
- Select your location.
- Select “Routers.”
- Click on “Create VPN Group.”
- Create a name for your new VPN group and click “Save.”
In case the router is already connected to a VPN group, look at the top of the window for the “+” symbol and click to save it. Please note that groups are limited to 3 routers, and each router can only support 10 users.
Cloud Insights gives you the ability to create a VPN group from a remote device, but this option is only available for Windows users. To do this, follow steps 1 to 4 that we gave previously and then the following:
- Below the name of the created VPN group, click on “+” and then on “Add.”
- Select the device to add. Remember that if it is more than one, there are limits.
- Keep in mind that you cannot add devices that have the same IP as your router, otherwise the LAN conflicts and it will be changed automatically, this would cause internet access interruption.
- Finally click on “Save” to add the device to the VPN group.
As you can see, keeping the different computers you have safe is very simple, you just have to create your VPN network and enjoy the encryption tunnel that it will create in all of them.
Small business and corporate owners who operate more than 3 computers for work should consider using a VPN to protect their companies’ data. Attacks and theft of information to small businesses have been on the rise in recent years and more and more people are seeking to protect themselves from these threats.
Not only at a business level but also at a personal level. It is ideal to have protection against cyber attacks that are occurring more and more frequently.